ABOUT Shirley Levi

Picture Shirley Levi

Shirley Levi

Shirley Levi (AKA: Miss Muzik) is a Singer, Songwriter, Artist, Activist living in Los Angeles. She's CEO of her own label Re-Bel Visionary Music which she founded as a vehicle to develop and expose herself as a true artist and to eventually help other artists in the spirit of independence. Shirley Levi is a self-taught musician who writes and produces all her own music. Under the pseudonym DJ SFL, Shirley Levi remixes her own music, which has helped her gain respect amongst top DJs, spreading her music onto dance floors worldwide. Shirley Levi is one of the few artists that not only writes all her own lyrics and music but she also produces and oversees every facet of production down to the art of mastering. She also writes, produces, directs and edits all her own music videos. Being such a self-sufficient artist has really given her a strong voice, helping her to develop a unique style that is all her own. Shirley Levi's music is Pop blended with Rock, Folk, Electronic/Dance, Adult Contemporary and World Music. Usually mixing all of these styles together would be an obstacle for most performers, but Shirley Levi has managed do this in such an artful way that it has turned out to be her calling card: Flawlessly blending many styles into one. Her powerful and timeless hit music is filled with heartfelt melodies and unique haunting vocals, which fuse western and world influences. Her distinct style sets her apart from everyone. Her music and performances are theatrical, epic and extremely dynamic. Unlike most artists who stick with the same formula, Shirley's songwriting, production, and emotional dynamic in her vocals and melodies are extremely diverse. Her intense stage presence and attitude outshines even seasoned performers. Because she is a self-taught hit-maker with the ability to write, sing and speak in so many languages & genres flawlessly, Shirley Levi’s appeal crosses generational, cultural & gender boundaries. Shirley Levi is gaining notoriety and creating a big buzz in Hollywood with her unforgettable performances on the same stages that helped break Amy Winehouse, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Christina Aguilera, The Ramones and many other top artists. Because of Shirley Levi's fierce, determined and tireless independent guerilla marketing efforts in promoting her hit songs, her website has grown to over 18,000,000 hits since it first launched in 2007. Shirley Levi is currently The Most Played Pop Artist on Akon's Hitlab. Her hit songs are also featured and growing on Clear Channel's iHeartRadio on over 750 stations across the USA. Shirley Levi’s music is also being played on radio stations all around the world. Hit tracks, like "Your Eyes", have been remixed by some of the top DJs around the world and have reached the top of the dance charts all over Europe.

Shirley Levi's music contains powerful, positive and mystical messages that speak a universal language with no barriers, reaching all demographics, faiths, and cultures, drawing people from all walks of life. She is also known for being an outspoken advocate for autism awareness and many other important causes. Because of her unwavering devotion to these causes she started her own non-profit called MUSIC ON MY SHOULDER. The Purpose of Shirley Levi's charity work is to use the undeniable power of MUSIC & ART to help with Autism Awareness, Hunger Relief, Equality For All, Peace & other Humanitarian Issues, which affect mankind's well being. Her numerous radio interviews and TV performances for Autism Awareness have helped to spread her messages around the world. Shirley Levi also supports artists rights and believes that EVERYBODY should have a voice and a forum for self-expression. She believes that the mainstream media does not reflect the true voice of authentic artists and is fighting to change that! Shirley Levi is a REBEL WITH A CAUSE!

"I take deep, spiritual, and visionary ideas and then simplify them in my music so that they can be easily understood. I tend to see the world in a very fairytale-like way. My music really reflects that purity which seems to draw little kids who respond very strongly and enthusiastically to it. My album “Break Free” contains inspirational lyrics for anyone who is following their dream. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF FIRST. Don't wait for someone else to make it happen. See your own vision through till the end no matter what. I gave birth to my songs as a means to survive and overcome my own personal struggles. "BREAK FREE" represents my quest to be heard and to reach my full potential in this life. It was also intended to help others on their quest to find their own voice and go after their dreams. I had so many faithless influences in my life, which as I look back at in retrospect really helped to serve as G-D's intention to make me fight as hard as I could! Of course luv is quite present in my work as well. I am definitely a lover at heart. Who says you can't be a lover and a fighter?" - Shirley Levi

Even before Shirley Levi began to speak she already knew that music, singing and performing were her true callings. She always knew that she was destined to flee Iran and come to America to pursue her dreams. Before moving to the USA, while on a trip to New York, her parents heard the name Shirley and fell in love with it. That's how, even before they knew they would eventually escape Iran, she came to be given the American name Shirley. Coincidentally, Shirley Levi means "Sing to me from the heart" when translated from her mom's native language of Hebrew. This validates even more that Shirley Levi was meant to sing from the heart! As a proud & patriotic US citizen who was once an immigrant, Shirley Levi is making the most of her freedom by expressing her strong voice through her music and art. Her messages are inspiring a generation who never thought they'd have a voice or find personal and artistic freedom. A great deal of her musical works, art and designs pay homage to American culture and its spirit of independence.

Although English is her primary language, Shirley also sings in Hebrew, Spanish & Farsi. In songs such as "Lyon of JerUSAlem" (English and Hebrew) and "Anne Marie" (English and Spanish), Shirley seamlessly blends two languages at once. "English became my first language and means of expression, but my ethnic background still roams in my blood."

As well as being a Recording Artist/Activist, Shirley Levi is accomplished, self-taught painter who experiments with anything she can get her hands on to make her visions come to life. They are breathtaking, symbolic landscapes of the emotions and spiritual explorations, which she has embarked on throughout her life. Many of her paintings are also visual journeys through her music and lyrics, containing many of the same titles and themes. They are mystical and prophetic, based on her personal dreams, visions and struggles. Although self-taught there are elements of Symbolic Art, Abstract Art, Classical Greek Art, Roman Art, French Impressionism & Expressionism all mixed with the figurative in a whimsical, childlike furor of emotion. Shirley Levi's paintings are currently in private collections all around the world and are highly regarded as visionary, captivating and thought provoking.

Recording Artist/Activist Shirley Levi's new line of apparel called T-Shirley was launched by popular demand from her fans that admire her unique personal style & attitude. With very little money for wardrobe and an anarchist-like vision for expressing her creative, unique & edgy fashion sense, Shirley Levi began to create her own personal signature style of wardrobe by painting, cutting & remaking her clothes like art. Her T-Shirley line will stand for her fierce voice & independence as a determined underground artist who's Music & Art aims at helping the world with slogans like "Stand Up For What You BELIEVE!", "FUTURE BELONGS TO US!", "RUN!" & "BREAK FREE". Her trademark T-Shirley brand is finally available to her fans all over the world! Look out every month for new innovative designs made personally by Shirley Levi based on her music & lyrics. Check back every month for more new designs personally created by Shirley Levi!

Her underground spirit and originality give hope to all other artists who don't fit into any specific genre of music yet can achieve great recognition and have a large worldwide audience. "Stand Up For What You BELIEVE!" - Shirley Levi

"Run as fast as you can! Hand in hand with life!" - Re-Bel / Shirley Levi

"Could you please set me free? The angels gave me melodies. I remember feeling so high, I remember touching the sky. My heart spoke its word! I really need to be heard!" - Office In The Sky / Shirley Levi

"Rip the veil off my eyes! Machine-gunned all your f#@king lies! I've crossed the line I'm feeling fine! I HAVE A CHOICE, GIVING ME A VOICE!"
- Cross The Line / Shirley Levi

"FUTURE BELONGS TO US!" - Re-Bel / Shirley Levi

http://www.shirleylevi.com/itunes