ABOUT JaNiah

Picture JaNiah

JaNiah

A classic beauty with an edgy international swagger not only defines Ja’Niah’s persona and background but also the grittiness and intensity of her lyrics and music. Born on the west coast, Ja’Niah’s interest in music started at a young age and with varied musical styles. As her vocals matured singers like Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keyes and Beyonce became her benchmark. “They sing with such intensity and passion that its impossible for me not to feel them lyrically and musically.” “Just Want to Love You” is a perfect example of Ja’Niah’s music and lyrical breath which rivals her contemporaries in style, content and depth. From the moment you hit play, “Death By Sexy” takes you on a musical journey that will move you, shake you, make you dance but ultimately allow you to recognize Ja’Niah as a voice and artist that will put your senses on high alert. Club smash “Hell Yea” rivals Beyonce’s frenetic pace on “Ring the Alarm” in style and is also a definitive club anthem for the ladies. Ja’Niah was able to co-write the bulk of her debut cd with music producer Chazz O of ISMR (Innersoul Music Recordings). “Writing with Chazz was not always easy but he pushed me to explore my own mind and ideas and the results and chemistry have been fantastic.” This rings true on Ja’Niah’s song “Release Me” which combines hip-hop with a pop sensibility. Lead off single “I Don’t Want U” also impresses. This slick Timbaland like production speaks to the feelings and emotions that many young ladies have and encounter in their daily lives. “I want people to dance and bounce to my music but I want them to also feel and connect with what I’m saying.” From the bass pounding Rihanna inspired “What Color Are They” to the tear drop in every note ballad “Just Want to Love You” Ja’Niah has established herself as a serious singer, songwriter and performer. What you want are enticing lyrics, head bangin’ production, sass and sexiness…What you need is “Death By Sexy”!!